Wednesday, February 6, 2013

You {Anchor} Me

Good morning! I thought I would the details of another card I shared a peek of a couple weeks ago for the Contender's Blog Hop:
I had lots of fun using a totally different technique to make it look like a chalkboard! I used my Silhouette Cameo to arrange the anchor and letter on a rectangle, then cut them out of chalkboard paper. Then I cut the exact same thing out of white paper, and pieced in the letters and anchor like a puzzle.
Next I used a white gel pen to add some lines and shadows, then smudged some pigment ink over for some chalk marks. I kind of wish I had been a little more random in my application, but oh well! 
I distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distress tool, then matted my background paper in black and wrapped some jute twine around, before attaching the chalkboard panel over the top with foam adhesive. 
Finished off with a tiny bit of bling on the bottom, and then attached it all to my cardbase with foam adhesive.
That's it! Hope your week is going great! Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is so neat...I really have to try it!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete