Tuesday, February 12, 2013

PTI Watercolor challenge

(((If you're looking for my Sweet Stamp Shop New Release Post, click HERE or scroll down)))

Hello! I'm super excited to share my card for today's Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenge - to use Watercolor technique on a project - I so love how it came out so soft and pretty! 
I used the Mini Mehndi Medallion stamp set, and first stamped the large image in Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, and Harvest Gold on Watercolor Paper. I then used a water brush to smear that around, and gave it plenty of time to dry, before stamping the same thing in the same colors on top of each one.
Next, I grabbed some of the smaller ones and stamped them randomly around on the rest of the area. 
It still felt like it needed a little more watercolor effect, so I smudged my ink pads on my non-stick mat, rubbed my water brush in the ink, then added some bits of smeared ink on the paper. 
Let all that dry one more time, then stamped a sentiment from "Heart Print Sentiments" over the top, added a couple wraps of jute twine, and a wooden button.
Finished off by mounting that on a Lemon Drop Cardstock base using foam adhesive. Yep...I think I'm in love with the watercolor technique!

8 comments:

  1. Super cute card. LOVE how you did the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card! Such beautiful colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather the water color on your card looks absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card...I love all the steps you took to layer and make it work...!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of the watercolors! Beautiful!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete