Friday, June 30, 2023

Proud of You Stars - Simon Says Stamp Out of This World Release

 Good morning! I'm popping in to share one more card using the BRAND NEW Out of this World Release from Simon Says Stamp. By now, you might be able to tell the set I'm loving from this release - it is small, but so many fun possibilities, and I love that! With the 4th of July holiday coming up very soon, I felt this card was especially appropriate as well!


I used the new Happy Icons stamp set (yes...I know...again!) - but this time I focused on the stars. I stamped in a bright and happy combo of colors of Pawsitively Saturated Inks, and then trimmed each one out with my paper trimmer. I then aligned them together, rotating each one as I placed it, and backing with a scrap of white cardstock, so I could pop them all up at once on my cardbase. Before I did that, however, I die cut the older Stacked Stars die a couple times, and used it to create a background. I adhered the outline first on a Fog cardbase, then used all the punched out stars to place back into a few of the negative spaces. I stacked up 3 on each of the ones I filled, so it gave a bit of dimension. Then I adhered the stamped stars, and added a sentiment stamped from the set, and hand trimmed into a banner shape. Here are some more photos and a closer look at this card:









No comments:

Post a Comment