Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Advice Pie Chart - and make your own stencil

Hello! Just wanted to pop in this afternoon and share a card I spent a bit of time yesterday and today putting together for my Day 4 homework for the Online Stenciled Class from last weekend. I enjoyed it - and learned SOOO much! This is my card using the technique from Jennifer McGuire:


I made my stencil with some leftover negative die cuts from a card I made quite a while ago - and for some reason kept around. I was glad I did to put this together! I layered about 5 of the extra negative pieces together - so it made a pretty thick stencil! I smeared a bunch of embossing paste on, then sprinkled it with Zing embossing powder and let it dry before heat embossing.


I then cut a bunch of speech bubbles using Paper Smooches Word Bubble Dies, and stamped all my sentiments from Group Hugs, as well as the hearts and tiny arrows using Hero Arts and MFT inks. I attached them all with foam adhesive - you can see how it makes them almost the same level as the embossing paste pie chart in this picture:


I kind of wish I had chosen smaller sentiments and speech bubbles - but I LOVE the colors on this and the thick stack of embossing paste. Will be playing with this technique a bit more in the future for sure!


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I viewed your blog from a link at Avocado Arts - congrats on design team honors! This pie chart is such fun! I've been wanting to try out the embossing paste and after seeing your project, I'm inspired to do it! Very cool! - I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun class and love the card you created from what you've learned!

    ReplyDelete