Sunday, January 26, 2014

Embossing Paste and Birthday Feathers

Hello again! I DID have time to play again today - and got a couple more cards done for my Stenciled Class homework - here is the first one:


I was once again inspired by the amazing Debbie Hughes - her work never fails to make my breath catch just a little! I have been loving embossing paste for a while now - but was particularly fascinated by the way she misted her paper a bit with Heidi Swapp Color Shine, let that dry, then added her embossing paste over the top of that. I used Mint Green and Gold color shine - LOVE that color combo right now!


I actually followed the layout of her card a lot too, adding some feathers cut with a Simon Says Stamp die and covering them with Wink of Stella for some sparkle before tying a jute twine bow on the bottom of them. Then I stamped the big "happy" from The Big, the Bold, and the Happy stamp set from newcomer Winnie and Walter. I am totally loving that font still! I heat embossed it on vellum with some gold glitter Zing embossing powder, then fussy cut it out. The word has some parts that are wide enough to sneak some foam adhesive behind and not see it.


I cut the Simon Says Tilted banner die with some coordinating Bazzil Cardstock, then heat embossed the small part of the sentiment from the same Winnie and Walter stamp set in white. Attached that, and then added a couple of gold sequins, and a few teeny tiny pearls to the feathers to finish it off.


I am also linking this up with the current Inspired By Challenge - although my colors went a little more teal than the true blue in the picture:



Finally, linking up with the Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog - "A is for..." - and I say A is for "airy" - because that is always the word that comes to mind when I see one of Debby Hughes cards, and that was what I was emulating!

Thanks for stopping by! Be back soon with my other card I finished today!

12 comments:

  1. This is just beyond amazing, Heather! I do not know what Debbie's card looks like, but I am giving you full credit for this bit of gorgeousness. So glad I just ordered some embossing paste. Can't wait o play with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! Love the gold and the sequins! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. this is such a fabulous card. Love the beautiful embossing and banner. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is spectacular with the gold! You get an A+!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! This card caught my eye right away, love the happy being done in gold, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across your card on Pinterest and I HAD to stop by and tell you how absolutely STUNNING this card is! Beautiful colors, gorgeous composition. . . it is just all around AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is a really great looking card! Just so many good things going on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw this card on the paper crafts blog and had to come by and tell you how much I love it! Awesome idea to emboss and cut out the vellum. Love the feathers and blue splatters. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so totally gorgeous! I had to just stop and stare at it :), then I shared it on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bitsandpiecespaperlab . Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete