Friday, January 31, 2014

Black, White, and Gold - Unity FWF

Good morning! Happy Friday - and Unity Friends with Flair time. I'm sharing a couple tags using the current January Kit of the Month - apparently I was on a gold, black, and white theme without knowing it! Here is the first one: 


I used a tag I had cut a while back with my Silhouette Cameo, and stamped the butterflies on there with some new Memento Luxe ink I had picked up and was itching to try. I let that dry really well so it wouldn't smudge, then stamped the sentiment using Delicata Gold ink and hand trimmed it to a banner. I added some white stitching with a gel pen, some gold ribbon I picked up last fall at Michaels and hadn't used yet, and added some gold sequins. Finished off with just a touch of Smooch Glitz in gold on the centers of the butterflies.


The next one is definitely a more soft and rustic feel - I had a little something I wanted to mail to my sister, so I decided to decorate it up fun! 


I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, then heat embossed the stars with gold Zing embossing powder. I smeared some white pigment ink over it to give it a chalkboard look (*might* have overdone that a bit...oops!) - then added some Baker's twine before attaching it to my burlap bag.


I am also linking up this second tag to the Trendy Star Power Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful Friday!

18 comments:

  1. Love both of your tags! Super cute burlap bag gift packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tags Heather. Love the chalkboard effect with the burlap bag - they just go together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these striking projects. Love the white and gold and black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both tags, but the first tag is so striking. Great clor combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great COLOR combo. I hit publish as I saw the typo. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving GOLD a lot right now and this is fantastic Heather! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tags. I really love the gold

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tags!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I know your sister had to love that rustic bag...such a cute gift! You rocked the gold...great projects, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a perfect amount of gold! Great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty tags! i love the mix of chalkboard with the rustic burlap, that is darling
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super, super, super, super, super, super cool, Heather!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete