Sunday, January 26, 2014

Under the Weather?

Hello one more time! I'm back with a second card inspired by today's classes over at the Online Stencil Class I am taking - this time my card was inspired by Kristin Werner:


I have used my clear embossing paste a couple of times, but never left it just clear - I always layered something like glitter or embossing powder over the top. I LOVED the effect the clear powder had in her video - and it made me think of raindrops, so I had to give that a try. I used a Prima stencil and applied it over some blue Bazzil cardstock.


I had a moment of inspiration, and decided to heat emboss this little Pure Innocence MFT stamp on vellum, then color with Copics, before fussy cutting it out. I can't tell you how FUN this came out in real life! It reminds me of stained glass! I couldn't really get the effect captured in the photos - but maybe you can see it a little better in this close up:


Added a half circle cut with a Lil' Inker's Die and attached my little PI girl, with a bit of her hanging off the edge, so you can see the stained glass effect a bit better. Added a strip of vellum on the bottom and heat embossed my sentiment on it, then matted the panel in some yellow Bazzil cardstock, then on my cardbase. 


This is extremely thick because of all the layers - but it is actually a one layer card that would mail great as well!

That's it for me today! Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon! See you again soon!

5 comments:

  1. What a darling card! Love the happy yellow and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this card...it's so sweet! Love all of the color and detail and that embossing paste effect is amazing!

    ReplyDelete