Monday, January 6, 2014

Mint and Gold Stars - Wish Big!

Good afternoon! If you are looking for my Day 1 My Craft Spot January Release Post, scroll down, or click HERE.

I just wanted to drop by and post a card I made Sunday afternoon for the first My Favorite Things Sketch challenge of 2014, and also combined with the Moxie Fab World Trendy Star Power Challenge:


Here is this weeks sketch - LOVE how basic and adaptable it is:

I followed the sketch pretty exactly. I pulled out a MFT star stencil, and some American Crafts pattern paper and went to work. I used some soft mint pattern paper, and applied embossing paste with the stencil, then sprinkled on lots of gold American Crafts Glitter. It was so hard to get a good picture - but this is such a sparkly and glittery card in real life! The background mint paper is also an ombre pattern - another big trend!


Used a MFT sentiment stamp and heat embossed with Zing Glitter Gold embossing powder, then added a bit of MFT hemp twine to finish it off.


Have a great afternoon! See you tomorrow for more My Craft Spot sneak peeks!

5 comments:

  1. I love all of those pretty, sparkly stars! I really do have to try the embossing paste, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is STUNNING!! I LOVE your take on the sketch and the colors you used!! LOVER of GLITTER!! =) LOL!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather!
    All that sparkle sure is fun!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete