Sunday, January 5, 2014

MCS January Release - Day 1

Good morning! I can't tell you how excited I am to be starting off the first day of sneak peeks for the newest release at My Craft Spot! This is a packed and fabulous release - I am in love with every bit of it!!! I used the stamp set we are sharing samples of today - "Chalkboard Sentiments" - as well as two of the new dies - "Small Bow" and "Edgers" metal dies. Here is my card: 


I so love chalkboard style sentiments, but thought it might be fun to use if for something other than the chalkboard technique I love so much! So I heat embossed with white powder on vellum. LOVE the soft effect it gives!


 I used a Lawn Fawn die to cut the center stitched rectangle, and then cut the new Small Bow die with white cardstock. I am SOOO loving this bow! I love that it is plain and simple - so very elegant! I added a small gem to the center to finish it off.


I used some Basic Grey Persimmon 6x6 pattern papers, and white cardstock and the new Edgers dies to make the white border in the center. Finished off by rounding all the corners with my Corner Chomper.


Make sure and head over to My Craft Spot to see what the rest of the Design Team has put together - and leave a comment for a chance at today's giveaway:


See you back here tomorrow for more sneak peeks! Have a great day!!!




9 comments:

  1. Your card is so awesome I love the way you used the stamp in such a unique way. The chalkboard look turned out so perfect on the vellum and your bow adds that perfect touch. Great card.
    I am a subscriber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Heather! LOVE the way the chalkboard stamp looks on the velum over the print paper. AND that bow is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the pretty paper patterns and how you stamped the vellum! Beautiful card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the pretty papers with the vellum sentiment overlay! You are right about the elegance, and who doesn't love the bling on the bow?!

    Eileen

    madimon at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the bow w/ vellum used for pretty special chalkboard/embossed look. I like using vellum.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used the chalkboard sentiment stamp set, and the bow is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just gorgeous Heather! I love the stamp on vellum - what a lovely touch. Love the bow and bling - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the embossed sentiment on the vellum over that dark print. So pretty!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete