Monday, January 20, 2014

MCS Sketch Challenge - Simply Amazing

Good morning! Excited to get back to our regularly scheduled challenges at My Craft Spot, now that the new release excitement has finally died down. This week is a sketch challenge - here is what I made - my first ever shaker card!


And - I actually played around and designed this sketch - my first ever!


I used the Heart Border Metal Die set to create my windows - the medium and large single hearts, in gold glitter cardstock. I adhere some vellum behind the hearts, trimmed some cream cardstock to make a mat, leaving the center open, then used it to make a shaker card. I wish I had some clear acetate - but the vellum works for now!  


I placed some Tickled Pink sequins in the windows, and added some white gel pen faux stitching.


Finished off with my sentiment from Banner Sentiments heat embossed in white ink on black cardstock cut down with the Straight Banner metal dies. The flat banner was slightly too long, so I cut it, then laid it inside the die, and used the end to trim off a bit to make it shorter and more the size I wanted. LOVE this idea - because now I know I can make the banner any length I want! Finished off with a couple more sequins, and a twist of Ivory Jute twine.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you will come on over to My Craft Spot and play along with us! Would love to see what you make with my first ever sketch design!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Awesome job!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is amazing gosh when I saw it .... it took my breath away you really did one awesome, fantastic, unbelievable creative job here. Girl you are so talented thanks for sharing your great recipe too. I so want to give this a try I love it and love all your choices too for your cardstock and paper you really rocked this out!!

    ReplyDelete