Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Craft Spot Celebrate and Stencil technique

I'm over on the My Craft Spot blog today to share a fun card I made with some of my favorite My Craft Spot goodies, and some of the stenciling techniques I have been learning in the Online Stencil Class I have been taking - this is for Day 4's homework:


I am so in LOVE with the beautiful sentiments in the Big Sentiment stamp set. For this card I embossed the word "Celebrate" in gold on vellum to overlay my stencil/embossed panel.


I also used some Natural Jute Twine, and some gold sequins from the Metallic blend.

It is really hard to see here - but I used my stencil to de-boss a soft green chalkboard paper panel, then left the stencil on to sponge with white pigment ink. Then, I decided to sprinkle a little gold embossing powder randomly on for a bit of extra sparkle. I folded my vellum panel around the sides, glued it in the back, then mounted my entire panel onto some woodgrain Avery Elle cardstock for the cardbase.


I am also linking this up with the Trendy Star Power Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

Sorry for the pictures on this one! I really struggled to get a true to life picture of the color - who knew that shade of green would be so difficult to photograph? Thanks for stopping by - and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I love the colors!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful - love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Heather!
    This is super duper cool! I dig it... much!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete