Friday, January 3, 2014

Strength and Dignity...

Good morning! I'm excited to be playing along with the first Unity Friends With Flair of 2014! WOW! Where did 2013 go? I absolutely LOVE this sentiment from the November 2013 KOTM - could it be better for the new year?!?!?!



I am also linking this up with the new CAS-ual Friday's Challenge - In a Word. The challenge is to use a word that is something you hope for in the New Year. I kind of like strength...I have had lots of opportunities in the last year to learn how strong I can be when I lean on the Lord - and want to continue to grow in that area this year as well!


I stamped my sentiment with MFT ink on a rectangle cut with my Lil' Inker's Rectangle Dies, then flicked some Martha Stewart blue pearl paint on it. The edges are also inked with distress ink.


The background is pattern paper from Basic Grey's 6x6 Persimmon paper pad, and a diagonal strip of Avery Elle kraft cardstock, with some glitter washi tape along the border. 


I tucked a doily behind the sentiment panel, then die cut a few feathers with a MFT die. I debossed with PTI's Linen Impression Plate, then spritzed with a bit of Gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine. The white one also has a bit of Glossy Accents and Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Glitter on it. Finished off with some natural jute twine wrapped and tied around. 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful first weekend of 2014!!!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiment and love the colors and the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful soft color pallette Heather. Love the design and the feathers highlighting the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design and color combo, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the feathers and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those feathers...and the sparkles too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Heather. Love all the little extra touches that make this card really shine. Nice word choice for the new year, strength.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice design and colors Heather. Stunning work. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card! love those soft colors and that awesome glitter tape
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just STUNNING! love the colors, love the feathers... pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful, Heather! Strength. Yeah, I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS card. What a rockin' design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The diagonal background, really brings out all of your accent pieces. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Stunning! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the feathers, cool sentiment! like the color combo's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a pretty color combo and design! love those feathers! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool card, Heather! I love those feathers! Your mix of patterned paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful quote and the gold gives it a trendy vibe that I just love. Thanks for playing CFC!

    ReplyDelete