Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stenciled, Pink, and Thanks!

Hello! I had planned on photographing this and posting this much earlier this morning - but we woke up to a power outage this morning! We have lived her in Wyoming for a year and a half, but this is the first time the power has gone out for more than a minute or two (a fact I pointed out last night when our power blinked off...I guess THAT was proved wrong!) Anyway - I am very grateful that we had a gas fireplace to keep us warm, a gas range to cook warm food on, and that we had a remarkably warm night for a January in Wyoming. Last year temps were in the -30 and near -40 degree range at night - but last night our low was only 19 degrees. 

This was the card I made for my homework in the Stenciled Class I am taking, as well as for the January Papertrey Ink Blog Hop:


The Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop Challenge was to use nothing but pink, and neutral colors. Here is the graphic - I love pink, so this was totally inspiring:


For my Stenciled Class homework, I picked a couple different techniques shared, and merged them into one. 


First - I LOVE LOVE LOVE Debby Hughes method of sponging with distress ink using a stencil. I used a MFT stencil, and a couple colors of Tim Holtz distress ink on white Avery Elle cardstock. Next, I loved Jennifer McGuire's technique of sprinkling sparkling embossing powder over the distress ink, since they stay wet a little extra long. It is incredibly difficult to see in the pictures, but the front stenciled area is also glittery and sparkly - LOVE that touch!


I stamped my sentiment from Papertrey Ink on vellum, and heat embossed with white powder, then tied it to the front panel with hemp twine (after punching a couple tiny holes through both layers) - I wanted it to be fairly free from the stenciling, so I didn't attach it any other way than just with the hemp twine.. Added a PTI button in the center, a couple of sequins, and then attached it all with foam adhesive to my card base.


Thanks for stopping by today! I'm off to get some dishes caught up and such - we might have had heat and hot food, but we are also on a well, so we had to conserve water. And those dishes aren't going to do themselves (unfortunately!) - have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the stenciling and the embossing on vellum. Your button, twine and sequins are the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Heather! I love the softness of it. I can see I need to check out those stenciling techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so soft and lovely! I just love the vellum over the stenciled background! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! I am taking this class too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - love the soft stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome! Love each and every detail you put into this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING your BEAUTIFUL Card!! Such aFUN design!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete