Monday, July 11, 2011

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger - Strawberries!

Good morning! I can definately tell it is summer, because I am finding myself with much less time to craft, or blog for that matter! Feels weird not posting for a couple of days! Anyway...my Grandma's 97th birthday is this week, so I wanted to make a special card for her. I used the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger to get me started. Here is my card, and the next picture is the inspiration:


 


In particular, I was inspired to use a doily for the first time! I had never used one on a card - and I love how it came out! I think I will be doing that a lot more! I used one of my favorite Unity Itty Bitty stamps for the strawberry and the sentiment. I stamped the strawberry directly on the doily, colored it with Copics, covered it with Glossy Accents, and sprinkled it with just a touch of Martha Stewart coarse glitter. I did some machine stitching on the base patterned papers, then cut a frame using Cricut Essentials - which is one of the built in cartridges on my E2, and inked the edges of the frame and doily with dark brown ink. I stamped my sentiment, then sponged on some Tim Holtz distress ink in antique linen over the top of the sentiment and on the front of the doily, just to make it look a little more vintage. Added some stick on bling, and punched a couple of holes in the framed sentiment and attached it with Baker's Twine to the card. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peak!


2 comments:

  1. Adorable cards sweetie :) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card Heather...love it...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete