Thursday, July 7, 2011

Simple Cowboy birthday card

Yesterday morning, as I got ready to leave the house for a busy day, I remembered I hadn't made a birthday card yet for my best friends oldest son - age 11 - and we were going to his birthday party after our other errands and appointments!!! So...ten minutes before I needed to leave, I sat down and started this one. Can't remember the last time I made a card in 10 minutes, but I actually DID it on this one! Not only that, but I'm actually VERY happy with how it came out!

The circle was cut out from Birthday Bash (I believe), the cowboy boots are from a Unity Stamp set I got recently called Brave Girl Boots, and the ribbon banners are just paper that I trimmed in strips with my paper cutter, and hand cut the edges. Punched two holes next to the boots, threaded some jute cord through and added a button for fun. Inked the edges of everything, and added a sentiment from My Creative Time.



2 comments: