Monday, July 25, 2011

Oooohhh I am in LOVE with something NEW!!!

So...I was recently out helping clean out the closets and cupboards at our church, when we came across a bunch of little pieces of plain cream colored canvas. We were going to throw it away, when I thought to myself, maybe it would be fun to stamp on? And if not, I could always just throw it away later, right? Well, I pulled it out to try for this card, and I am SURE I will be using it a LOT more!!!

I also had just gotten my July KOTM in the mail a couple of hours earlier, and wanted to make a thank you card for my dear sister-in-law who came and rescued me earlier in the week when I had a migraine. She took me to the chiropractor, then took my kids home with her for the afternoon. Yep - I'm spoiled, and she's wonderful!!!

I stamped the image and sentiment from my July Unity KOTM on the canvas, then sprayed it with some Tattered Angels glimmer mist. Frayed the edges a bit, machine stitched around the edges of the canvas, and the edges of the card, and added a bit of bling with my Jolee's heat set tool. Finished off with these cool ribbon roses that I sprayed with 3 different colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer mist! (Another thing I have had for a bit, but not experimented with often enough to get good at! Have to change that now!)



4 comments:

  1. Simply *gorgeous*, Heather! I'm so glad you decided to keep that canvas. :) Can't wait to see more of this technique in your future projects!

    Jessica
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! This card is gorgeous!! Love the misting and the bling.

    ReplyDelete