Monday, August 22, 2011

50th Anniversary Card

Whew!!! This took most of the morning to make - but I am so excited at how it came out! One of my husbands co-workers requested a card for his parents 50th Anniversary using a wedding picture and a recent picture. The pictures were a challenge to use, because they were pictures taken by a cell phone of the orginal pictures in their frame. The second picture in particular had a lot of glare, and a perfect reflection of the person taking the picture! So I did some playing and editing in Adobe Photoshop, then printed them on vellum - I think it helped a LOT in the final quality.


And I had planned on entering this in the sketch challenge over at My Mind's Eye - but just realized I was a day late!!! Oh well!


I cut frames for the pictures from Elegant Edges, added some white ink, then glossy accents and Martha Stewart glitter around the edges, and finished them off with a couple of stick on pearls. They are also pop-dotted from the background. The doilies are inked with Tim Holtz distress ink. There is some black lace along the bottom, inking and machine stitching along the outside edges, and a lot of bling that I added with my Jolee's heat set tool.


The bow is made from a scrap of black ribbon, some crinkle ribbon, a bit of floss, and a button punched out with a Martha Stewart button punch. The button was then inked, covered with Glossy Accents, and some more Martha Stewart glitter. The "Happy Anniversary" sentiment is from a clear stamp set in my stash - I think by Fiskars, and the inside sentiment is from 40:31 Creations.


The easel card if held up by a border cut with a Fiskar's border punch which is pop-dotted from the base card. Thanks so much for looking - have  great day!!!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful, the couple are going to absolutely treasure this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! This is a wonderful piece of art! I know this will have a place of honor in the happy couple's home!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely one of the most elegant cards I've seen!

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete