Monday, February 2, 2015

In My Prayers

Good morning! Playing along with another one of the My Favorite Things Challenge - the color challenge this time!


Here is the color combo:


I used Blueberry cardstock for my cardbase, then cut three feathers out of watercolor paper using Feather's and Arrows Die-namics. I used my MFT dye inks in the color scheme to watercolor each of the feathers, then coated SUPER heavily with Wink of Stella (think puddle that had to dry for an hour heavy!). My sentiment came from Words of Inspiration, heat embossed in white on vellum with a torn edge. Misted my card base with Mister Huey's in white, layered my vellum over and attached with some messy machine stitching on the sides, then attached my feathers with foam adhesive, and bundle of silver thread at the bottom to tie them together. Finished off with a bunch of enamel dots that coordinated with the color scheme pretty well!


Thanks for dropping by! Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Heather, this is stunning! Love the bright blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love how you put those colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! This is super cool and really cute! Love those feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that splatter and the coloring on the flowers, great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete