Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Vintage Roses Happy Anniversary

Good morning! Sharing a very favorite recent card - my parents anniversary was on the 1st of February, so I had to make a special card for them! I had been itching to play with my Altenew Vintage Roses set - this set amazes me so much! I still look at everything stamped with this set and can't believe that it was done with stamps! The layering is AMAZING, and so easy! Here is what I made:


Linking this up with the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog - Anything Goes:


Also linking this up with the current Simon Says Monday Challenge - "H" is for..."happy" in my case:


I used large rose in the top left corner, and did a bit of masking for the pair of roses and to stamp the leaves. I used 3 shades of MFT dye ink - they layer so beautifully for this! The edges were distressed with a bit of Tim Holtz Antique Linen ink, just to soften and add to the vintage feel, then I added some machine stitching around the edges. Finished off with some coordinating MFT cardstock, and a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins.


Another thing I am SUPER excited about...I now have my own personalized stamp for the back of my cards, thanks to the AMAZING Bossy Joscie!!! Seriously, I have been wanting something like this for FOREVER - and don't know how I missed the fact that she did these! If you are interested in something like this - or any personalized stamp at all - go check out her store HERE, and tell her I sent you over!


Thanks for stopping by - and have a wonderful day!!!

7 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous and delightful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Wonderful placement, gorgeous stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! You really make these Altenew stamps shine! wish you parents a happy anniversary! I am eying on a personalized stamp like this...it's time! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing that Altenew stamp set, and now I want it even more! Such gorgeous stamping! I really like the idea of a personalized stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this stamp set and its really a brilliant! Love the shades of red and an elegant creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, love
    the coloring on
    the roses.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, love
    the coloring on
    the roses.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete