Friday, September 14, 2018

Bold and Soft Alcohol Ink Florals - Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit

Good morning! I'm here to share a couple of cards using the amazing and BRAND NEW Simon Says Stamp Card Kit for October - Sketched Flowers! The variety in this kit is amazing! I sat down and ended up making TEN cards with this kit...I think that is record setting for me - I don't usually do that many! The large stamp set in the kit - Sketched Flowers - is absolutely stunning, there are 3 bottles of alcohol ink with Yupo paper and Alcohol Lift ink, then there are the pre-printed Gina K cards with a fun pack of fall foils - this kit is PACKED! You can check out the entire kit and it's contents HERE.

Here are two cards I put together with the kit:

This first card, I played around with the alcohol inks in the kit - aren't they are a fabulous color combo?!?!? And then, I didn't fully look into the proper way to use the lift inks, so I just experimented on my own. I stamped several of the smaller images randomly over the top with the lift ink. I later laid a bit of scratch paper over the top to rub off some of the extra...and I got a wonderful look from that! Soooo...

I grabbed some white cardstock, and pressed it over the image and got this soft and wonderful print! Isn't that fun?!?!? 

The first impression on the scrap paper was bolder, but I still thought this was fun for a super simple and soft sympathy card - and that sentiment from the stamp set was perfect for it.

I trimmed the panel slightly smaller than my white card base, then used two sizes of Simon Says Stamp's Basic Rectangles Dies to emboss a simple frame image around the outside for some interest, before mounting with foam on my cardbase.

Now - back to the first card! After I finished the other card, I came back to this one to finish. I decided to add some soft vellum to contrast with the bold background, so I die cut some leaves using Clustered Leaves Dies, and then heat embossed my sentiment from the same included stamp set on a strip of vellum. 

I wrapped the strip of vellum around the backside of the panel, then added some machine stitching to hold it all firmly in place, then tucked the leaves behind with a bit of liquid adhesive to hold them in place. Finished off with some tiny white paint splatters. 

Here is a look at the complete kit contents! You can find the entire kit HERE:

Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment