Thursday, October 25, 2012

Embossed Wedding Card


Good morning! Today I'm sharing another card I completed on my super productive Sunday crafting afternoon! Today I am busy packing, and tomorrow we hit the road to head back to Washington for my brother-in-law's wedding, so I of course needed to make a wedding card for them! I'm so excited for them - they are such a cute couple! I also am entering this in the challenge over at A Blog Named Hero - Clean up your act (hope this counts as clean and simple...it is for me!):
I used a technique for colored embossing that was posted HERE - basically you ink up your stamp with Versamark ink, then add your colored ink over the top of that. Stamp, sprinkle embossing powder, then heat it up. I loved the idea - because instead of buying a bunch of different embossing powder colors, I can make use of all the colored inks I already have!
The background burlap pattern is a Ippity stamp that I hadn't had time to ink up yet, and thought it fit here perfectly.
I did do a bit of matting with some solid cardstock...that's why I'm hoping it still counts as clean and simple!
Finished off with some Baker's Twine, and a bit of self adhesive bling.
Thanks for stopping by today! I have been super busy getting stuff ready for the new Peachy Keen Release, as well as the new release at My Craft Spot!!! And another surprise or two! So I'll see you again soon!!!

3 comments:

  1. Heather ~ oh this is so BEAUTIFUL for the happy couple!!! LOE the simplicity of it! Now you know this would have taken me hours to create when I say simple ~ right??? LOVE that image and the colors you chose! My goodness you are always packing!! LOL! Congrats to the Happy couple and have a fun and safe trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a special wedding card. Love the colors and beautiful silhouette. Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete