Wednesday, October 31, 2012

World Card Making Day - Big Announcement!!!


Good morning!!! I am SOOO excited to share my big news with you today! It has been one of the hardest secrets EVER to keep!!! For only the second time, I was brave enough to send in some cards to one of Paper Crafts Magazine's card contests...and this time I was stunned speechless to get an email saying one of my cards in the Christmas/Holiday card category WON!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! Anyway...I had to keep a secret until it was announced today on the Paper Crafts blog - and make sure and head over to see the rest of the winners!

I can't share my winning card, since it will appear in the March/April 2013 issue of Paper Crafts, but I though I would make another card to share today in celebration! Since my winning card was in the Christmas category, it seemed only fitting to make another Christmas card! Here it is:
I cut a nativity silhouette on my Silhouette Cameo, using a file from the silhouette store (hmmm...that's a lot of "silhouettes" in one sentence, don't you think?)
My sentiment is from a brand new set from My Craft Spot that actually hasn't released yet! Sneak peaks start officially next week...but I got permission to use one a bit early! You are going to LOVE them!!! This gives you just one taste of how beautiful they are!!!
I added some jute twine in olive - I just can't seem to get enough jute twine!
My pattern paper is a mix from My Mind's Eye, Studio Calico, and October Afternoon. I inked my paper with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen, and the outer layer with Vintage Photo.
Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today!!! And if you have been submitting to magazines or contests - take my advice and don't get discouraged!!! I submitted for almost a year before I ever had a card picked up for publication, and I almost didn't enter this contest! The funny thing is, this card, as well as my other published ones, were all cards that I had pop into my head just as I was falling asleep at night - not like a little bit of the idea, but the entire thing! And as quickly as I sat down to make it, it came together exactly as I pictured in my head. So...at the risk of sounding like I'm just saying it - I truly give God the glory for every bit of it! My mental process doesn't usually work that way - I am much more of a tweaker than that! So I know it was all HIM!!! 

And...if you're curious about me, why my blog is named what it is, and what makes me tick creatively, you can click HERE to read my very first blog post (WAY back when I first started blogging!) or HERE to read my one year blogiversary post that tells even a little more about what I do.

Again - thanks so much for stopping by! May God move in your life in wonderful ways today!!!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Heather..Can't wait to see your card:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on your win! I was so happy to see your name! Thanks for the encouragement to keep on trying sometimes it gets so discouraging, but you just have to push through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!! So happy for you!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo, Heather! This is awesome news indeed. I love your card and I'm sure your winning card is just as spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your big win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo, congratulations! Look forward to seeing your winning card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge congrats girl!!! That card is so beautiful! I look forward to seeing the winning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats heather! I can't wait to see your winner of a card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather ~ CONGRATS!! I am so not surpirsed at all! Your cards are just impecable and gorgeous!! I actaully remember reading the story of how your paper journey began ~ way back then! That was and still is an inspiring story!
    Well your card is just so PRETTY! What a perfect card for the upcoming holiday ~ well after Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your big win! I loved that you shared how it came to be :)

    ReplyDelete