Sunday, October 14, 2012

Unity Stamps October KOTM Sketch Challenge


And the other card I got finished last night was for the Unity Stamp Company October Kit of the Month Sketch Challenge - here is what I made:
And here is the sketch:


For some reason, despite the season and the weather - I felt inspired to make a cheery spring/summer type card! Who knows why - but it was fun! 
So I pulled out my Crate Paper Pretty Party 6x6 paper pad and my June 2012 Kit of the Month to put this together.
I punched 3 circles, and stamped just part of the row of strawberries on each circle, then colored them with Copics, and inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen to soften the stark white of the paper. 
I couldn't resist a doily tucked behind, and stamped the sentiment with PTI ink right on there from April 2012 KOTM, and tucked a couple little stick on pearls underneath.
Wrapped some jute twine from Ribbon Carousel around a couple times and tied a simple bow, and attached the circles with foam adhesive.
And that's it - super sweet and simple, not to mention cheery and happy! Thanks again for visiting today! Hope to see you again soon!!!

4 comments:

  1. adorable... love the strawberries and the doily underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the softening with distress inks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...
    This is so cute...
    I just realized while browsing through the unity WCMD challenges, that we both have used the same strawberry stamp for this challenge.
    I own just 3 KOM Sets..and it was difficult to choose for this challenge..so I picked these yummy Strawberries...But ofcourse I liked your card more.. the soft look really appealed to me !

    As they say...Like Minds thing Alike...
    Hugs,
    Riti.

    ReplyDelete