Monday, October 15, 2012

My Craft Spot Challenge - Embossing!


Good Monday morning - it's time for a new challenge over at My Craft Spot - and this week it's all about embossing!!! I sometimes forget about my Cuttlebug and all the wonderful embossing folders I own, so this was a fun challenge for me to be able to dust them off a bit! Here is what I made:
It's hard to tell in the pictures, but I actually started off with some slightly patterned paper from My Mind's Eye, then embossed it in my Cuttlebug, and finished by inking with Tim Holtz distress ink in Vintage Photo. 
I then stamped my sentiment from "Happy Thanksgiving" (you can find that set HERE at My Craft Spot!) on a doily, then folding it around the embossed paper, which I also matted with white cardstock. I then wrapped around and tied a simple bow with some jute twine - which I'm so excited to share is now available at My Craft Spot!!! It is my favorite ribbon type thing to use EVER - and comes in lots of pretty colors!!! (Click HERE to find it at My Craft Spot) I then used kraft paper card bases. Here is a close up of each of the four cards in the set:
 
 
 
 And that's it! I love how easy it is to make an entire set of cards when you do it assembly line style! 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you will take the time to dust off your embossing tools and create something to share for this challenge! Can't wait to see what you make!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty...love the embossed background! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! Love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, your cards are beautiful. The color combination and inking are very pretty. I am excited to make a set of your wonderful cards. You are so talented!

    Hugs,
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!!!!!

    Amanda
    www.lovejoypaper.com

    ReplyDelete