Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Creative Time Designer Challenge - Cloud Nine


Hello! I had a super fun and relaxing Sunday afternoon today! After we got home from church and had lunch, I spent the afternoon playing in my crafty corner! I was finally not feeling completely behind and rushed - and amazingly I was able to finish SEVEN cards in a little over 3 hours! I couldn't believe it! It was one of those lucky moments of being super inspired, and actually having the time and energy to achieve what I wanted! I managed to cover several challenges, as well as a design team card or two that you will see in the next couple of weeks as well. So, first up I thought I would share the card I finished for the Designer Challenge over at My Creative Time. This is what I made: 
The challenge this time was hosted by Shar, and her challenge was to make a project using at least 3 flowers, some kind of bling, and this color combo:


Like her, I used some My Mind's Eye 6x6 papers for my card. I used Emma's cloud die to cut some pattern paper into clouds - LOVE the stitching on her cloud dies!!! I also used a flag die and the matching sentiments from Emma's collection. The flowers were cut with a My Favorite Things Die-namic Die, since that is the only one I had available to use.
I attached one of the clouds, as well as the banner and flowers with foam adhesive for a little (okay...a LOT) of dimension. I tucked a little bling under the sentiment banner - it's kind of hard to see in the picture, but it's there!
Finished off with some white crinkle ribbon in a bow, and matted on another pattern paper. I know I went a little soft on the color palette - but I love how soft and pretty and elegant this card came out! 
Thanks so much for visiting me! See you again soon!


5 comments:

  1. It turned out so pretty! I love the flowers!! Very nice :) Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer's Challenge!

    ~ Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather ~ Okay first of all I find this card just GORGEOUS!!! The papers, the dies, the flowers ~ oh my everything! I am in AWE always but after reading this post I am even more! 7 cards! WOW! I am not sureI can even do 2 in that amount of time! Thanks for joining us over at My creative Time ~ Designers Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heather this is wonderful, love the colors in a softer palette! thanks for playing with us at My Creative Time's Designer Challenge!
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BEAUTIFUL. I love that patterned paper on here. WOW. AWESOME job with the colors and flowers. This is terrific. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete