Thursday, October 25, 2012

Grateful Pumpkin - Unity FWF and October Challenge

Good Friday morning! Sooo excited it's Friday - because we are on the road back to visit family and friends and celebrate my brother-in-law's wedding! YAY!!! Anyway, I wanted to share a card today that I made with my brand new Unity KOTM. Since it's Friday, I'm linking up with Unity Friends with Flair, and since it has pumpkins on it - I'm linking up with the Unity October Challenge - All About Pumpkins:
I LOVE these beautiful pumpkins from the new Kit of the Month! I stamped them three times - then colored them with Copics.
All my pattern paper is from a Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad, and each layer I inked with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen, then used my Tim Holtz distress tool on them, then inked again with distress ink in Vintage Photo. Love how it almost gives it a burned edge look!
I mounted the colored pumpkins on my first layer, then wrapped some jute twine around several times before tying in a bow. Then, attached that to the base layer with foam adhesive.
Attached the sentiment over the pumpkins, also with foam adhesive, and added a stick on pearl to the center of the bow, and one on each side of the sentiment.
Hope you are having a wonderful Friday - and have a wonderful day! 

22 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the gray shadow you added around each pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather ~ another BEAUTIFUL card! What a GREAT senitment! Of course the coloring, the design and thedetails just ROCK! Enjoy your time with family and have a safe trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love all of your little details, especially the orange gems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is just beautiful! I love those big orange pumpkins, and the chevron background is perfect. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful trio of pumpkins you created. this card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully designed card. Love it! I love the little banner stretched across the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather,beautiful card...love the colors and distressing!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet...love your coloring...perfect shading on all your pumpkins:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! I totally love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So well designed! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! Love the coloring and distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's adorable, and the chevron paper works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is really cute. you took nice photos too.

    ReplyDelete