Sunday, October 14, 2012

Unity Pennants and Banners September Challenge


Hi there! I took a little time last night to create something for the Unity September Pennants and Banner's Challenge - obviously I chose to use banners! I also did a little something new for me - and I had so much fun! Here is what I made:
To start with, for the background - I just got my first Mr. Huey's mist and one of their overlay's, so I used the overlay and some October Afternoon sprinklers, as well as my one Mister Huey mist to create the background. I started with a gray OA sprinkler sprayed on the overlay placed on white paper, then added some thicker drops of a blue OA sprinkler, and the yellow Mr Huey's mist. 
I trimmed it down and rounded the two bottom corners. Then I used some strips of Lily Bee Design's papers and trimmed them into banners, arranged them how I liked, then stuck them down. (Of course, as I tried to stick them down they all fell apart - so I had to redo that a couple of times, but it finally came together how I liked!) I curled the bottom edges of the banners just slightly for fun too.
The sentiment is from the June 2012 Kit of the month - and I stamped it with gray Versamark ink. 
I wrapped some twine from the Twinery in one of their newest colors - Ocean - around the card before attaching the sentiment with foam adhesive over the top, then added a little bow on the side with a stick on pearl in the center.
I think this is a lot more "mixed media" than I have really done before - but it was so much fun! I have lots of the October Afternoon Sprinklers, and loved the Mister Huey's spray, so I'm sure I will be using them a lot more! Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment: