Friday, October 19, 2012

First Published Card - and Unity FWF


Hi there! Life has been pretty crazy around the homestead lately, so since I hadn't gotten anything made for this weeks Unity Friends with Flair - I realized I hadn't shared a few published cards yet! So...here is the first card I ever had published! 
It appeared in the August 2012 issue under the "Sparkle and Shine" category. 


I used a Unity Stamp sentiment from the June 2011 Kit of the Month, and my Cricut and Life is a Beach cartridge. The sparkle on the sand is Glossy Accents and Martha Stewart coarse glitter. I also inked a lot with Tim Holtz distress ink.

Thanks for stopping by today! Feel free to grab that issue of the magazine if you want more detailed cut info! Have a great weekend!


16 comments:

  1. Great shaped card...yes the beach does sparkle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, The glitter sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card...congrats on the publication!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome!! Congrats! It is a wonderful project!! Loving the sparkle:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. this is stunning!! definitely worth the publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! Congrats on being published.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why this was published. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can almost feel the grains of sand! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is DELIGHTFUL! Great shape, awesome "sand," and a super use of a fine UNITY sentiment. What could be better????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the pub! Love the sparkly sand and the fun shape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card, I love the sparkly sand!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather ~ Oh CONGRATS! What a darling card! WOW! You just do everything so BEAUTIFULLY!!! I LOVE how playful this is but yet has so much class!!!

    ReplyDelete