Sunday, October 21, 2012

Paper Smooches Cool Shades Challenge - Special Frog


I'm back with another card I wanted to share before the time ran out! This is my first time joining in with a Paper Smooches challenge - and actually my first time using any Paper Smooches stamps - and can I just say I am in LOVE?!?!?!? They are SOOO stinkin' cute and fun! I just got my first ones a few months ago, and hadn't had a chance to play with them between moving and other Design Team stuff - so when I had time this afternoon - I knew this would be near the top of my list to play along with! Here is what I made:
And here is the color pallet for the challenge


I used some older Echo Park 6x6 papers, and stamped the adorable frog on pattern paper and cut him out. Added some self adhesive pearls for his "warts" (if you're gonna have warts, they might as well be cute, right?), and layered some pattern paper under and around him. I stamped the hearts from the same set the frog came from.
I attached the frog with foam adhesive so he "jumps" off the page at you! (Get it...jumps? Sorry...cheesy joke I know!) I also scored around the outside edges of the card. It is a little hard to see in the pictures - but if you look closely you might be able to see it!
I finished off by stamping the sentiment with orange ink, then adding some twine loops, and a thin strip of the red paper on the bottom of the purple paper. 
And there he is! I'm tellin' you - I totally want to give this little cutie a big hug!!! Don't you?


4 comments:

  1. Loving all your elements, fun warts and the twine is well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I LOOOOOOOOVE the pearls on the frog--they look like warts! FUN! Great use of these colors;) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather ~ I am just cracking up from your post! He is jumping right into my lap! I LOVE the frog and this one is way too CUTE!! Blump and perfect!!! Great design and LOVE the details!! Of course the paper ~ LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete