Thursday, April 16, 2015

Let's Celebrate - Gossip Column Challenge!

There is a brand new fun monthly feature over at Winnie and Walter, in case you hadn't heard about it yet! It is called the Gossip Column, and written by the fabulous and trendy Taheerah Atchia! It includes a fun challenge, and I couldn't resist the challenge to play along! 


This month she focused on Colour Crushes - such a fun and informative article - you definitely need to go check it out!


The challenge was to select your own palette of colors from these choices - adding black as a neutral just for a sentiment if needed. I decided to incorporate as many as possible, so I used Glacier Grey, Marsala Red, Custard Yellow, Classic Blue, Lucite Green, and Scuba Blue.


I used the little starbursts and sparkle rings from the free set from the birthday bash release called Sparkle (which I hear will be available for purchase soon as well!) - and a few borders from Scenery: Stripes and Scenery: The Party Hangover, as well as a sentiment from The Party. I used several MFT dye inks that were as close as I could manage to the color palette. Added some sparkly silver sequins and a spritz of clear sparkle mist (although I really wish I could take that part back now - but it was too late once I sprayed it!). 


Thanks for stopping by today - and if you haven't already, go check out Taheerah's Column, and join in with the Challenge! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. An absolute stunner as always Heather! I love all the different stripes and the added sparkles too! The sequins are also a clever way to bring in the Glacier Grey - way to think outside the box! Thank you so so much for the fantastic write-up and kind words about the first article/challenge and about me too! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete