Sunday, April 12, 2015

Avocado Arts - Pear-fect Cards

Good morning! I'm up on the Avocado Arts blog this morning to share some projects with the new stamp set for April called Pear-fect! As always - there is such a fun mix of images and sentiments! Something for everyone!


I just had to start with that sweet pear that this set got it's name from!


I layered together some tags I cut with Lil' Inker's Anytime Tag Die Set using some Heidi Swapp Favorite Things pattern paper, a bit of vellum and a doily, and the sentiment heat embossed on vellum. The pears I stamped on the green pattern paper - then inked a bit with distress ink for some dimension - also coloring in the stem and leaf with Copics. Did some machine stitching to attach the sentiment and the tag layers together, attached the two pears with foam adhesive, and stapled on some May Arts ribbon at the top. SOOO fun!


Next up, as Mother's Day is fast approaching, I thought I would make a simple Mother's Day Card:


I pulled out my Lil' Inker's Quilted Swirl Stitched Pattern Die for the base of the card - I thought it went perfectly with my sentiment from this set! I heat embossed it in vellum (love how that gives the stitched letters a bit more texture, just like real stitching!), then layered it on some Lawn Fawn Let's Polka Mon Amie 6x6 Paper. Punched a couple holes and tied it together with jute twine, then attached with foam adhesive to my card base. Simple, but I love how it all pulls together!


And finally - that little lamp with the perfect sentiment! Had to make a quick shaker card:


For this one, tore a square of watercolor paper, added a slightly yellow background, and stamped my lamp over the top. Added a yellow rectangle shaker element cut with a MFT die, and filled it with some tiny little stars in yellow and silver from Butterfly Reflections Ink, then heat embossed my sentiment on a hand trimmed black banner. The second picture shows the watercolor and the little stars a bit better. My pattern paper is from Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine 6x6 Paper pad.


I am also linking up (particularly the first card) with Virginia's View Challenge - Layers and Dimension:


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! Love all the layered tags/ vellum on the first and that last shaker is just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very lovely cards! The Quilted Swirl Stitched Pattern Die background is my fave!

    ReplyDelete