Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Winnie and Walter May Release - Day 2

Good morning again! Welcome back to another day of sneak peeks with Winnie and Walter! Today is the second day of Design Team projects and some more wonderful sneak peeks on the Winnie and Walter Blog - today is the sneak peek of a beautiful set designed by Joni - as well as those dies I used yesterday on my project - I made this card with the new set:  


My card was inspired by this image I have had pinned on my Pinterest page FOREVER! The colors have always inspired me, but as soon as I saw this new stamp set, I just knew I had to re-create it on a card:


I started off by trimming my cardstock, and adding an angle cut on the bottom. (The top angle cut happened after I got a finger smudge on it, naturally after the image was colored and everything - I was really worried I ruined it, but was pleasantly surprised with how well it worked!) I stamped and built my scene, then colored it in with Copic markers. Tucked a doily under the edge, wrapped some jute twine around, attached with tiny staples to keep it from sliding, and attached to my MME woodgrain pattern paper.


Next, I built the sentiment by stamping the small words, then die-cutting the large word "comfort" 3 times - once out of black, once out of kraft, and once out of white. I stacked them up to make a thick word, sort of like a chipboard embellishment - the darker colors underneath aren't really visible, but kind of help make it pop a little better, and you can see them from the side. You might be able to see it a bit in this last photo:


Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you again tomorrow for even more! Have a great day!!!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and amazing coloring, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card emanates such a comforting feeling. Beautifully done, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card emanates such a comforting feeling. Beautifully done, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! I love the bottles, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful! Amazing coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful! Amazing coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on that pin! I love the shade of green and the overlap and I love the woodgrain paper!

    ReplyDelete