Friday, April 17, 2015

Heartfelt Sympathy Card

Good morning! Stopping by today with another catch up card from last year on the Splitcoast Stamper's Dirty Dozen team - and playing along with Unity Friends with Flair:


I heat embossed my sentiment from Everything Wonderful in two parts - the frame in sliver, and the sentiment in white. I attached it with some machine stitching to some Crate Paper floral pattern paper, and added some scallops underneath with Lil' Inker's Stitched Scallop Border Die (one of my all time favorites!), some MME woodgrain pattern paper, and a few scraps of paper trimmed into banners and attached with a tiny Tim Holtz paper clip. Finished off with an enamel butterfly from Eyelet Outlet.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend!

23 comments:

  1. I love your vellum overlay and the stitching is such a great way to attach it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love your little banner embellishment and the stitching is perfect on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Heather, I just love the vellum overlay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, this is so pretty. I have a file folder full of vellum that I never remember to use! Thanks for the inspiration...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sympathy card. The vellum is perfect. Saw you on FWF.

    Kim
    Craftisan Studios
    Design Team Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a pretty Sympathy card. I like the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful sympathy card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty design and I always love a sentiment as the main image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love all the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful sympathy card! Those seem to be the hardest to make. Saw you on FWF :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo pretty! I'm loving the layers and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great! My favorite is that little corner embellishment you created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is awesome! I love the way you stamped the sentiment on vellum and layered it over the patterned paper. Beautiful results!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty with the vellum against the busy paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty--I like the use of vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The vellum overlay is so pretty over that sweet floral print. Beautiful card!!!
    TFS on FWF!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your beautiful FWF card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! I love the embossed vellum over that pretty floral paper!

    ReplyDelete