Saturday, April 25, 2015

Thanks - You are Incredible

Good morning! Stopping by this morning to share a card I made using some beautiful Altenew stamps:




Also joining in with this weeks CAS-ology Challenge - Ombre:




I was inspired by the colors and patterns on the roof from the Altenew Challenge, as well as those red pillars. I started off by using some Heidi Swapp Color Shine to add a gold wash to my background on some watercolor paper, as well as a few bigger splatters. After that dried, I stamped some florals from Persian Motifs in some softly colored MFT dye ink - LOVE the subtle texture this gives! Next, I stamped the ombre thanks from Halftone Thanks on vellum and heat embossed. To get that color, I inked it up with watermark ink, then inked over the top with the MFT dye ink color I wanted, stamped, and heat embossed with clear powder. I fussy cut it out (since I don't have the coordinating dies!), and attached it with a line of machine stitching. Finished off by adding the little sentiment from Persian Motifs, and a few Pretty Pink Posh Tangerine sequins.


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty - I love the Asian feel of the soft outline image! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card....so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so delicate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! every single time! Thanks so much for playing along Altenew’s April challenge!

    ReplyDelete