Friday, April 24, 2015

Sending Joy - Purple Ombre

Good morning! Happy Friday - I'm stopping by with a quick artsy card I made for Unity Stamp Company's Friday Friends with Flair:


I have had THIS image pinned on my Pinterest forever - so very inspiring! So I decided to draw from this to make my card:


I used some distress ink in two colors, and blended from the bottom, then used some canvas paint to make a panel in the center to stamp my image. I almost wish I had just left it ombre there, but I was having fun playing! Allowed plenty of time for that to dry, then stamped my image from the current Kit of the Month, then added some splatters of ink.


A simple one layer card! Hope you are having a wonderful day - have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. oh wow this is beautiful Heather! I love the artistic feel of this card and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Heather. Love the bit of brushed white and the splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this! Purple is my favorite color & makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you pinned this, so we could see where your inspiration came from awesome card my friend I love it.
    I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Purple AND butterflies??? YUM! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Unity FWF card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing..
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this little beauty at FWF...love what you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome inking and one layer project, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the splattered background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ombré effect you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely wonderful!!! Pinned!!!
    Thanks for sharing on FWF!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete