Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I Love You Papa Bear

Hello! I'm posting an extra card today that I made over the weekend - I have been super busily working on DT stuff, and this new set from Mama Elephant had been sitting on my desk waiting for some love - so I thought I would make a card just for fun! Always nice to do! :)  I also have wanted to play a bit more with distress inks and making a background - something I don't feel that good at, even yet, but it sure was fun on this card! I will definitely be playing more with it in the future!


Also linking up with a couple challenges - first up, Simon Says Monday Challenge - Make Your Own Background:


I also plan on playing along with Mama Elephant's April Challenge - Make Me Laugh (I know this one isn't exactly "funny" - but it makes me smile every time I look at it - who can resist those sweet bears?):


I first created my background by blending distress inks together, adding some droplets of water, and a few flicks of shimmer mist. I die cut that panel using Index Card Dies, added a black mat, and then a die cut scallop in white from the same die set. The black border on the bottom was cut with Landscape Trio Die. I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and heat embossed it, stamped the bears and moon, colored with Copics, and fussy cut out before adhering. Added some tiny stars from the set stamped in white pigment ink over the background to add to the starry sky feeling.


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

6 comments:

  1. Awww! that makes me smile too. So cute. You did a great job with the inks. I need to get inspired to do some of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! And the inky background is fabulous! You rocked those inks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really makes us go "Awww"! Such a cutee card!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Heather, an adorable image for the beautifully coloured sky night background!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. super sweet card, luv this! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete