Monday, April 20, 2015

Lil' Inker Designs April Release Day 2

Hello! Welcome back for the second day of sneak peeks for the new release at Lil' Inker Designs - this is a HUGE release, so full of fun stuff!


First up - this card was all about the die cutting!


This was the result of working a little here, and a little there while homeschooling my girls one morning. It looks like it would have taken a long time with all the layers, but it really came together quite quickly! Here are the new release items I used:




I used scrap paper to cut all my flowers, and some Crate Paper pattern paper for the base layer. The lovely border was cut with Border Builders die set. I added a row of machine stitching, some distress ink, foam adhesive between layers, and a few enamel dots to finish it off!


Next up - I had fun with some watercoloring and ink smooshing:


Here is the new set I used for this - can't wait to play with it more! Looks so fun to color with Copics as well as watercolors!


For this one, I used Quilted Swirl Stitched pattern die for the card base, with some May Arts ribbon and hemp twine tied on. I cut a Side Stitched Rectangle from watercolor paper, heat embossed my image and sentiment in white on it, then used some Mister Huey's mist, water, and clear acetate to "smoosh" my color on to the card. Also added a few splatters of more concentrated ink after it dried. As us normal, the watercolor paper curled up a bit - but instead of straightening it out with a heat gun, I decided to enjoy the texture it gave! I just used a bit of foam adhesive to attach it.


And finally - I love nautical things, and this anchor caught my eye right away!


Here is the amazing set that contains it - it is a super big stamp set, and FILLED with fun goodies!


For this one, I heat embossed the anchor and sentiment on a piece of vellum die cut with Dual Stitched Square dies - the anchor in platinum ink. I then colored it in quickly with Copic markers. I used a thin piece of wood veneer behind it that I die cut with Quilted Stitched Pattern Dies - love the REAL wood feel this gives, perfect for a nautical card! I added some chevron pattern paper, and stapled on some jute twine with my Tim Holtz tiny attacher (this also worked well to attach it to the wood veneer layer without adhesive showing behind my vellum!)


Here is the entire Blog Hop line-up - make sure and check out what the rest of the Design Team has been busily creating to share today! And don't forget to leave a comment to win one of three $15 gift certificates that Laura is giving away to celebrate the new release!

Heather Hoffman (you are here)

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

32 comments:

  1. Pretty cards! The layered flowers are amazing! Awesome release with so much to choose from....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these first cards a lot !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of all these stamps. Love the gorgeous blooms, the watercolouring and nautical theme. So diverse! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning set of cards! I love how you embossed the vintage ink stamp. Very masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards! Those blooms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards! Fantastic release! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! The flower clusters on the first are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything..especially the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are just beautiful! Love all the new dies and stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, Heather! Love the first flower card...

    ReplyDelete
  11. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS cards Heather!!!
    LOVE your birthday card - what fun that must have been to layer your flowers together and I think you would have some flowers left over to mix & match for another card or two!!!
    LOVE your BEAUTIFUL water colouring and AWESOME embossed anchor too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION and CRAFTY TEMPTATION, I have LOTS of techniques to try and LOTS of stamps & dies to buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are fantastic! LOVE them all!!! The flowers are stunning, the second.....oooo love watercolor backgrounds. And that third card! FABULOUS masculine card! LOVE ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGoodness, Heather your cards are amazing, I really like that first one, gr8t job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww Heather! Beautiful cards! Love all the flowers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the gold anchor. The blues are so pretty on the second card. the layering of the flowers is wonderful on the first. Great cards.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All are very pretty, Heather. Lovely embossing too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty projects Heather, and love that you embossed so much of it. Amazing projects and a wonderful release!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such pretty projects Heather, and love that you embossed so much of it. Amazing projects and a wonderful release!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those cheery flowers! And your watercoloring smooshing turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your 3 cards, all for different reasons! All your details are so cool. I especially love the first card with new flower dies, and great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Really stunning cards!! I really love those beautiful flowers and the anchor design is really cool! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun batch of cards! Those stitched flowers are growing on me and the gold outline of the anchor is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE those posies!!! What a great way to use up a bunch of patterned paper scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  24. FAbulous cards. I really like the anchor and the die cut flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great cards, Heather! Those flowers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are so cute! I'm excited about these new releases!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome cards, Heather!
    I really love the floral card! I'm always
    drawn to anything floral :-). Love the anchor
    on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The layered flowers are so pretty and I love the embossed anchor.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the florals on the first card and just can't get enough of the vintage ink set!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow awesome cards...love the embossing on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My favorite is your We Connect watercolor card-TFS!

    ReplyDelete