Monday, September 19, 2011

Baby Girl Silhouette card

Hello! I have been waiting for a little bit to post this card, just so that it didn't get spotted by a friend whose baby shower was yesterday afternoon! This is actually one of the cards I made for the Papercrafts Magazine Submission call that also wasn't chosen. I figured if it was accepted, I would just make another one for my friend, and not post it online! But since it wasn't accepted, I had it all ready to go!

The background was made by stamping two different Unity Stamps, each in a different color. The first one (Tea Time Pattern) I did in pink, then I stamped the Worn Music Background over it in black. The sentiment is also from Unity Stamps, on a tag cut from Sentimentals with a bit of pink Copic to highlight it.  


I cut the fancy frame from Sentimentals, and the silhouette is from A Child's Year. Add a tulle bow to tie the tag on, and finished with a button and a bit of Baker's Twine. The silhouette and the frame are both pop-dotted from the background too.


I am also entering this is the Made It Myself Monday linking party over at You Had Me At Craft.


Thanks for stopping by - hope your week is off to a great start!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow what a beauty. I love silhouette cards though I have never made one-- yours is a stunner
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It's a lovely card Heather! I'm sure your friend thought it was Publishing material! :O)
    I would love to get a card like this myself! Beautifully done! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!!! So pretty!! I'm here from the Link Up Party!! :)

    Candace
    scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card.. I like the colors.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. just BEAUTIFUL! keep submiting, you never know when they will pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous, Heather! I love how you created the background! It is just stunning! And the silhouette is so pretty! The tulle bow is the perfect accent! Absolutely beautiful :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous card, Heather! I plan to scraplift it, for sure, for a baby shower next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Visiting you from Made it Myself Monday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing it!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete