Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Contenders Blog Hop

Whew! I had just uploaded these pictures at 6 AM this morning, and was getting ready to type my post, when we had a 3 second power outage...for some reason it made our internet not work! So...my wonderful hubby came home on his lunch break to get it fixed for me! YAY!!!

Anyway - I am quickly posting these cards for the Contenders Blog Hop. What is that you say? I have never joined in before, but it is a place to post cards that didn't get picked up for a recent Publication call. I was lucky enough to get one picked up - oddly enough one that I didn't really think stood a chance! But these four I made for the Nautical category and didn't get picked up. I will post all the details on them at a later date - but for now, just thought I would share them! I am looking forward to hopping along and seeing everything else that wasn't selected - and can't wait to see the magazine!!!



Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

19 comments:

  1. These are all awesome. I especially like the first and third one. Gee, the competition must be fierce. I can't believe these weren't picked up. I'm not in the hop but I posted two cards this week that I had submitted as well. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I think the aqua anchor is my favorite of the group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, these are so great! I really love the We Go Together card! Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all wonderful!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Heather. All of these are gorgeous!! The top card reminds me of one of the cards I submitted and shared in the hop!! Great minds think alike, right? Thanks for linking this up to The Contenders!! I hope to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 'we go together' one the best...can't wait to see the one that was selected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just amazing, each and every one of them. i think my favorite is the one with the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All very attractive and all very Nautical :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so great! So creative. Great work... the third one is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards!
    Pam
    scrap-n-savegranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love! the chalkboard one is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! I think that I like the middle two the best, love the bit of shimmer on the second one and I just love the design/colors in the third. Thanks so much for sharing these on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your anchors are really cute! They feel really clean and trendy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great cards and I really like how you do the placement of the blings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow wow wow! I sure love all of them and can see each one of them picked up for the call! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work, Heather! I can't wait to see your published card in that issue! Way to go! I think I like the last two the most! They are so fun and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all lovely! I especially like the 'on this journey together' sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Looks like you were super inspired by the nautical theme too! I love them all, but the chalkboard one is my super favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all fantastic! I love that you used twine with each one and the mix of patterned papers. Congrats on your publication!

    ReplyDelete