Monday, January 21, 2013

My Craft Spot Challenge - Glitter and Bling

Good Monday morning! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I know mine went incredibly fast! But, since it is Monday, it is time for a new challenge over at My Craft Spot! This week we are breaking out the glitter and bling! Here is what I made to share this week:
This card ended up just so unbelievably girly! It makes me happy! I started off with some beautiful Crate Paper from the Pretty Party 6x6 paper pad. I used some for my background, then punched some butterflies out of the scraps using a Martha Stewart punch.
I inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in Vintage Photo, covered them with Glossy Accents, then sprinkled with Martha Stewart coarse glitter.
I used the these Lacey Banner Metal Dies:

Also cutting out of the same paper pad. I stamped a sentiment from Butterfly Kisses:


I also inked the edges of the banner, added some glitter to the yellow layer, and the sentiment is stamped with PTI ink. I punched a hole in the top center of the banner to attach it with some jute twine. 
I machine stitched around the outer edges of the paper, added a doily, then glued down just the center of the butterflies, and curled up the wings once they dried.
I used Vanilla Bean Crinkle Ribbon, and Natural Jute Twine for my bow, and finished off with a bit of self-adhesive bling here and there.
As always - thanks so much for visiting, and for the sweet comments that always brighten my day! I hope you will come over and join us this week at My Craft Spot! Look forward to seeing what you make!

11 comments:

  1. So So So So Beautiful!! Did I mention it was beautiful :) I love everything you did to this card, it is so cheerful and elegent !! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...love those glittery butterflies!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Heather, I like the sparkly butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card. Love all the bling and the layering. The butterflies are fabulous. Love the sentiment.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!Love the Sparkely Butterflies...GORGEOUS!!Love all the bling and doily.A very Beautiful card as always.
    Have a Wonderful Monday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY pretty my friend! And you might want to check out the Crate Paper blog... I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! Your butterflies are so sparkly and stunning and love the papers you used:) Gorgeous job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so stunning! I love the sparkle on the butterflies and the banner. Gorgeous paper and layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather ~ BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, girly and SPECTACULAR! The paper too the sparkly butterflies ~ just so PERCTION!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. I love the sentiment. The die set you used looks like lots of fun

    ReplyDelete