Hey there everyone! Welcome to this month's "Dads, Grills and Summer Fun" challenge, which is going to be so easy, you'll be able to enter almost ANYTHING you make!
June has many, many reasons to honor our Dads, Country, fire up a grill or grab a popsicle. Sending a card to a special friend is great during any month, right?! Here is a list of a few celebrations that definitely deserve a special day:
- 4th: Hug Your Cat Day (Cat images ALWAYS qualify at the RC!)
- 6th: National YoYo Day
- 7th: National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
- 12th: Red Rose Day
- 14th: Flag Day
- 15th: Father's Day
- 20th: Ice Cream Soda Day
- 21st: Finally Summer Day (Summer Solstice Day)
- 24th: Swim a Lap Day
- 27th: Sun Glasses Day
- 29th: Hug Day
Then of course, kids are getting out of school, vacations begin, so lots of ways to qualify for this month's prize!
This month's theme is...you guessed it.....
Dads, Grills and Summer Fun!
So what prize is up for grabs? How about a 10 pack of Spools?!
There are only four (4) rules you must follow to be eligible for the prize:
- You MUST use ribbon, twine, thread, washi tape or anything that comes on a spool on your creation
- Your project must be based on the theme of the month.
- You must add a NEW project to the inlinkz below and link directly back to your project on your blog or online gallery. (Unfortunately, we've had participants who would have won the challenge, but they didn't do a direct link to their blog and I couldn't find their creation!)
- You may enter the challenge 3 times maximum to be qualified to win a prize.
Here is what I made for this month:
I used some new Lil' Inker's stamps and dies that I won in my Stamping Royalty prize pack to put this together. I pulled out some MME pattern paper, and added some washi tape from my stash. Card base is some new Simon Says cardstock that I had been wanting to try. Finished off with a twist of jute twine.