Saturday, September 5, 2015

Geometric HOORAY - It's Your Day!

Good evening! Lately I have been SOOO busy keeping up with Design Team assignments, new releases, and special orders - that it had suddenly been a long time since I sat down and played just for fun. With no imminently pressing deadlines, I decided today to just do that. It was SOOO incredibly refreshing! I think my creativity needed that very much! So I pulled out whatever I felt like using and played along with a few challenges - I actually finished 5 different cards, but will probably post them over the next few days. First up - as I was cleaning my desk, I happened upon this scrap of pattern paper from another project - and since I just LOVE it, I thought I would start with that!


I made this for a couple different challenges - first up, the new challenge at My Favorite Things headed up by none other than Susan Opel. Can't help but be reminded of the good old days with the bigger contests at Paper Crafts Connection - so you know I had to start here and play along! MFT Card Design Superstar:


I also have loved each and every one of the challenges at Virginia's View - and the current one is SOOOO fun! I hope to play along lots more with this one! Virginia's View Challenge - Geometric:


Finally, also playing along with this weeks Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Make it Colorful (that pattern paper just DOES it!):


I started with this angled piece of pattern paper, trimmed it to fit my card base (of soft gray SSS cardstock) then added a thin strip of black to it. My sentiment came from two different MFT sets - LJD Birthday Greetings and BB Birthday Bears. Notice the shine on the big "HOORAY"? I used a thin line applicator to add some Glossy Accents to make it pop. On the bottom I added a strip of torn vellum, some glittery washi tape, some black thread with sequins stars strung on, and a few enamel dots and pearls. Finished off with a rounded corner, and a few splatters of white Mister Huey's mist (only on the gray - what you see on the pattern paper is actually just part of the paper!)


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

  1. WOW! Love your card design especially the angled geometric pattern, the embossed sentiment and the sequins in a string. Just fabulous! :) Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool card! (And I'm not usually a fan of the geometric - but it really caught my eye!) Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card design... Could use many different patterned papers with your LO, but the geometric pattern is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super awesome card Heather! I love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pattern paper is really awesome. Love how you paired the "happy" paper with neutrals, and absolutely love the star sequins on thread, along with enamel dots and pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout you put together; the geometric angles of that patterned paper look great matted at an angle! Really love the string of star sequins too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather - this card blew me away! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete