Friday, September 25, 2015

Guest Designing for the Twinery

Good morning! I'm excited to be guest designing this morning over at the Twinery and sharing a couple cards using some beautiful Baker's Twine! Since we are at that beautiful time of year, heading into the fall and winter seasons, I created a couple of seasonally inspired cards to share - first up, a simple fall note card. This would be easy to personalize with a sentiment, or just send a note to someone special to let them know you're thinking of them!


For this card, I used probably my favorite (and most USED) spool of twine - Charcoal! I used some woodgrain cardstock for my cardbase, added a simple white doily, and that lovely die cut leaf (a tiny peek of a soon to be released die from Lil' Inker Designs!) I die cut it from white cardstock, added two shades of red die ink, then added a few splatters of gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine. Then - I wrapped m twine around the entire card several times, and added a bow. The finishing touch is a wood veneer heart, colored over with a gold Wink of Stella pen, then coated with Glossy Accents. You can see the shine better in this next photo: 


Next up - I wanted to create a very simple holiday card, that would be easy to reproduce in multiples if needed. I also LOVED that beautiful gold shimmer twine the moment I saw it and just knew I needed to make use of that one!


I used my PTI Linen Impression Plate to create the texture on my white cardstock, and added my strip of pattern paper on the bottom. Used a bit of distress ink to soften the white edges, and stamped my sentient from Winnie and Walter. I used a round circle punch to add the little notches on the sides to hold the twine in place, then wrapped it around again, and added a bow with a bright fun button in the center. Finished off by mounting with foam adhesive on a red card base. 


Thanks so much for stopping by today - and to the Twinery for having me! Have a wonderful day!

4 comments: