Saturday, July 18, 2026

Soft Sympathy Card Duo - Simon Says Stamp

Hello! It had been a while since I added sympathy cards to my stash, and since I always prefer to make those before I need them, rather than in the moment when it is sometimes harder, I pulled out some items from Simon Says Stamp the other night and created these soft and simple cards. The muted tones seemed like the perfect choice for a sympathy card!


I started off with the lovely frames cut using Hand Tied Frames from Starlight cardstock, the perfect soft gray. Next, I stamped one of the floral images from Wild Rose on white cardstock, and heat embossed with my underused Cream Embossing powder. I used small Shading Brushes to add a hint of color to some areas of the image, using Jade for the leaves, and either Ballerina or Periwinkle for the blooms, then die cutting with the coordinating dies. Next, I added some shading to the cardbase, using Buttercream for the top portion, and the coordinating ink for the blooms in the bottom portion. I added some Black splatters, allowed that to dry, and then added the frames with liquid glue. Sentiments are from With Sympathy, and I popped those and the floral images up on foam adhesive, then finished off with some coordinating enamel dots and enamel hearts from Pinkfresh Lovely Lane and Very Merry Christmas enamel packs. Here are more photos of these finished cards:










Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment