Friday, July 31, 2026

Monochromatic Floral Frame Thanks - Simon Says Stamp

Hello! Finishing out the month with one more card, and I think it's one of my favorites! It took me a little while to get it all where I was happy with it, but in the end, I love how it turned out! I used a few items from the newest release at Simon Says Stamp - and feel like I channeled my inner Emily Midgett for this card - which is especially fitting, since she is the one who illustrated this set!


I started off with some new colors of Concord & 9th cardstock - the main color is called Bluebell. I stamped the new Daisy Frame image and white heat embossed it on a panel of that color, then ink blended over the top with the coordinating stencils using Twilight and Galaxy inks. I die cut it with the coordinating die, and just love all the fun detail! I used another panel of that same color of cardstock for the background, trimmed a tiny bit smaller than my white A2 cardbase, then added a smaller panel of white cardstock that I embossed with the Whirlpool Spinner embossing folder. I added a few thin strips on a diagonal with more of the C&9 cardstock, this time the color I used was Capri. The sentiment was the part I struggled with the longest - I kept trying other things, but just didn't love them. Then, I pulled out the new Opulent Thanks sentiment die, and it was like the magical music started playing - it was perfect! I die cut it from white glitter cardstock, and the shadow layer from vellum, then adhering it on that same diagonal from the smaller cardstock strips. Perfection! Here is a closer look at all the fun details on this monochromatic card:







Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment