Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine Special Blog Hop

Good morning! Welcome to a very special hop - to celebrate the amazing people that have are connected someway to Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine. Even with the news settling in, the crafty world is still reeling a little with the news - but the best plan seemed to be to channel that sadness into something amazing to celebrate the amazing part that this community has played in all of our lives.


This is a HUGE hop, but if you started at the beginning, you should have arrived here from Wendy McGaffey.


I chose to use a card I made for the last publication call that never made it to acceptance emails. I felt like this captured what I loved about this community - it brought us all together, from so many corners of the world! I did travel the world with this publication, from the amazing projects of those from around the world that were published, or entered any of the many contests and challenges there were opportunities for. I was stretched, I grew, and I wanted to be better - spurred on in many ways by this amazing magazine, the editors, the Go-to-gals, and everyone else who submitted and cheered each other on.


For this card, I stamped this amazing image from Neat and Tangled on watercolor paper, and painted it in with Watercolors. I went for an ombre effect, making the top darker, and fading as I went down. The sentiment was heat embossed in white on black cardstock, trimmed, and adhered with foam adhesive. Added a little black mat, then mounted with foam adhesive on my pattern paper from Glitz Designs.


Thanks so much to everyone who has played a part in my life, and the life of so many others through this publication! Wishing each of you the very best, and looking forward to following you all through social media - so thankful that it makes the world a little smaller too!

Your next stop in the hop is the amazingly talented Cristina Kowalczyk. The entire blog hop list is below if you are following the entire thing! :-)


26 comments:

  1. Well, you know that I ADORE your card...love your style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so sweet & fun!! Lovely tribute to PC&S!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a sharing a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome card, Heather! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeously watercoloured card- love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love watercolor. I love your use of geometric shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Heather, love the water color! It is amazing how this magazine has touched us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Heather! Even in the end, Paper Crafts is a key force in bringing fellow crafters together to share and inspire and commiserate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is amazing! I love the hearts and the lovely watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a fabulous card! Seriously love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic card! I love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card!! Thanks for your contributions to the magazine and your kind words today.
    StacyC

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this card, AMAZING and inspiring!!
    My heart overfills with emotion and gratitude to this crafting community. I consider myself blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely! Loving the watercolors :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved this. " I did travel the world with this publication, from the amazing projects of those from around the world that were published, or entered any of the many contests and challenges there were opportunities for. I was stretched, I grew, and I wanted to be better - spurred on in many ways by this amazing magazine, the editors, the Go-to-gals, and everyone else who submitted and cheered each other on." And it's so true.

    And a VERY lovely card. xoxo

    ReplyDelete