Saturday, August 1, 2026

Pastel Snowflake Cards - Simon Says Stamp Gina K Class Kit

Hello! Did you watch the most recent Create Together class from Simon Says Stamp yesterday with Gina K? Well, I'm excited today to be sharing a couple cards as fresh inspiration using the class kit contents! I love the stamp set, and the fresh and fun color palette of inks - so inspiring to play with! Keep reading to find out how I created these cards!


For the first card, I grabbed all 4 of the ink cubes, swiped them on my glass mat, misted with water, then smooshed in a panel of watercolor cardstock. I love how the colors blended together! Once that dried thoroughly, I stamped the 3 largest snowflakes on the panel allowing them to hang off each of the edges. I used just one of the stencils in the center of each snowflake, and blended the same coordinating ink color on each snowflake to match the color underneath, blending two together when necessary. I also used the stencil to add Silver Sparkle Paste over the very centers of each snowflake. I trimmed that panel down to fit over the largest Sparkler Scallop Frame cut from white cardstock, and mounted that with foam on my white cardbase. 

For the second card, I stamped and heat embossed each snowflake, then blended over with the Carnation, Tropic, and Limelicious inks to create an emboss resist technique. I then chose one stencil layer for each snowflake, and blended the same color over top but heavier for a deeper shade and some interest, then die cut them out. I embossed a panel of Tessellating Snowflakes, then tore the edges on a strip of it, then adhered with an angle on my cardfront. Added some tiny thing black cardstock strips, then adhered the ink blended snowflakes over top in an overlapping fashion with foam adhesive. 

Finally, for both cards, I stamped sentiments from the Christmas Star Flakes set, then die cut them out along with a few additional die cut layers to stack for a solid and dimensional sentiment. I also embellished with a few of the Dazzling Clear gems in the kit to finish off! Here are more photos of the finished cards:










Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment