Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Butterfly Map


Just a quick post today since my day is going to be one of those crazy busy ones! I made this card for the recent Paper Crafts Magazine call for submissions...but I never submitted it. I really liked how it turned out, but it wasn't what I was expecting. I ended up submitting something entirely different - and that is what ended up being my first acceptance! So I'm okay with that!
I used some My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper, and the map paper is from October Afternoon's Sasparilla 8x8 paper pad.
The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch. I punched each one out twice, inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink (can we say tedious?!?!?!) - then adhered the first one to the blue paper, the next one just in the center, and ran a couple lines of machine stitching through the center. After they were all stitched and dry, I curled up the edges so it is very dimensional. 
You can see it here too:
Finished off with a machine zig zag around the edges, a sentiment from Scrappy Mom's stamps, and the little butterfly stamps which are from the same Scrappy Mom's set.
Thanks for stopping in! Hope your day is wonderful!!!



10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and clever i.e using the map paper for the butterfly wings on a card with that sentiment is genius.I can only imagine how good the other card was that you submitted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I'm so happy for you! Yay for being a newbie!

    This card is gorgeous. I think a lot of people, myself included, was submitting using those same papers. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that is SO cool!! Love how you punched those pretty butterflies out of map paper. Congratulations on your first acceptance at Paper Crafts!! Can't wait to see that project in print. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterflies on this card..especially the paper you used. it is wonderful. Congrats on the mag acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, the dimension on the butterflies looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing details! That stitching just blows my mind! The colors are fantastic, love the butterflies... In a word? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cared-love the colors and the dimension is awesome!! Nice details and great job on the stitching-fabulous!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How creative! A glorious bevy of butterflies!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is very beautiful, Heather!! I LOVE the butterflies in that paper!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete