Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Patches of Pink - March Post and Spring Link-up Party!!!


Hello! It's that time again for a Linking Party over at Patches of Pink! Our theme this time around is Spring! I am definitely ready for spring to arrive - and it keeps trying to make an appearance...then fooling us somehow! Yesterday I woke up to a couple inches of surprise SNOW!!! Now, I love snow, but only when it falls during what I consider the wintertime! By now, it is March, and I think it is time for spring to be here! Anyway...enough of my rant! :-) Here is card:
I used the newest Peachy Keen Kit of the Month - for March! If you haven't seen it - you should definitely check it out! TOTALLY the CUTEST gnomes you ever did see! You can find it HERE
I stamped and colored it on some pattern paper from My Minds Eye that I first die cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Die. I then did just a bit of coloring with my Copic markers. 
I used some pretty pink ribbon from my stash to tie a bow, then added a couple of Prima Flowers, a PTI button, some PTI twine, and a couple of leaf stick pins. 
I curved the sentiment before stamping it, so it fit the edge of the die. And just HAD to add a little bling and a bit of stitching around some of the edges. Oh yes - also rounded the top right corner! 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit today! Hope you are having a wonderful SPRING day! Make sure and hop on over to Patches of Pink to see what the rest of the Design Team has cooked up, and to link up your own creation! Can't wait to see what you come up with!



4 comments:

  1. This card is sooo pretty Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of Spring snow! Mother Nature has a way of doing that to us, doesn't she? Your card is beautiful, Heather. Lovely papers and the little gnome girl is precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that sentiment is SO awesome!! Love the ribbon and flower too!
    Hugs,
    Heather P
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute,sentiment is great. And the ribbon and flower is prefect. I understand what you mean by getting snow in what should be spring. Once we had snow on Easter...lol Kinda odd for kids to be looking for eggs bundled up and looking for egs in snow but makes for great hideing places...lol

    ReplyDelete