Saturday, March 3, 2012

MFT Getting Sketchy #61 - CUTE cowgirl!!!


First of all, I have to say a big thank you to a new friend I made! I was so bummed out when the newly released VIP kit from My Favorite Things released and even though I tried to order, it sold out before I was successful (I think my internet was being weird...again!). I just loved the sentiments, and they would never be available again. Anyway, I was SOOOO excited when someone was kind enough to part with theirs!!! So...I decided to make her a special thank you card using the new stamps to send to her!
I also used this week's Getting Sketchy Sketch

I decided to stamp on kraft paper, and color it with my Copic markers. Also added some highlights with my white gel pen. 
The edges of everything were inked with Tim Holtz distress ink in Tea Dye. The sentiment banner is hand cut. 
I trimmed the edges off a doily and tucked it around the edges of the main image.  
Here is the bow made out of crinkle ribbon, and a little PTI twine and a PTI button. 
Also tucked a couple of loops of white crinkle ribbon in the top. Finished off with some white stitching with my gel pen - haven't done that in a while and it was kind of fun! 
Thanks for stopping by again! 

1 comment:

  1. YEE HAW! How you manage to take something so cute and make it turn out so elegant... I mean... Really??? I really love how you did the doily. I don't know how you did it, but I am sure loving my time spent looking at it. Hee! Hee! Perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete